Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Nice Weekend!

Another good weekend for the Mixed Martial Arts School in Columbia Maryland were I train. A large portion of us went to Miami for the Miami International Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament. We had two guys go up to Vermont for their first MMA fights.

Both of the guys (John "Devastator" Delbrugge & "Big Sal" Al Washington) we sent to Vermont did extremely well with first round finishes. Big Sal showed some impressive quickness and agility finishing his guy with a close guard armbar at the end of the first round. Devastator did exactly what we have come to expect, demolishing his opponent and tapping him out with a rear naked choke only 54 seconds into the round. Great job to both of my team mates!

Miami was tough but as usual our team team did well. We sent a pretty large team to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament and almost everyone metaled. Also "Big" Phil Thorn won the blue belt open weight division.

For me it was the first tournament I had done in a long time since getting hurt. It was also the first tournament I have done at my new weight (154lbs with Gi). Overall I did ok taking 3rd. It was disappointing but I learned a lot and I got some stuff to work on. It was great to be back on the mat and I got away relatively injury free, which is always nice. I cant weight to get back out there again but for now back to training!

No comments:

Post a Comment