Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Lovin' it


Finally McDonalds stands up for itself!
Everyone knows that McDonalds is not the healthiest food you can buy. I personally rarely eat there and now that I have been cutting weight for BJJ tournaments I don’t eat there at all. However with that said last month the CSPI (The Center for Science in the Public Interest) threatened to sue McDonalds if they did not remove the toys from Happy Meals. Seriously…? Come on… In our modern society it would seem that we are very quick to give up our freedom to choose for our selves so not to have any responsibility for our own actions. The “Nanny State” mentality is a very dangerous and slippery path!
Subsequent to this story breaking there has been a backlash against the Nanny State. Huge public support started coming out for keeping the toys in the happy meal. In it off its self this may seem silly but with the repeated assault on our liberties from everything from political correctness, smoking to what foods you can eat (trans-fats, salt, etc.) I think the public is saying I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I don’t support doing things that are bad for you but it should be up to you to decide. I don’t know what I would do if someone told me I couldn’t train at Crazy 88 because I could get hurt… Well I would do it anyway but hopefully you get the point.
In view of all the public support McDonalds’ CEO Jim Skinner sent a letter to the CSPI basically telling them to stick it… and that the toys would be staying in the happy meal! Good for you McDonalds! I might just have to break my BJJ diet to help celebrate or maybe I will just take my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment